City-break (or rather three cities break) to Uzbekistan is possible now with flights at least twice a week from over 40 international destinations and high-speed train between Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara. If you are a busy person, but adventure and culture lover or you are flying transit by the Uzbekistan Airways (allows 5-day visa free transit), why not to follow the trip advised by the Financial Times article (https://www.ft.com/content/3e8d88b6-e746-11e8-8827-ff56e7163c11) featuring Veres Vert? Enjoy Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara over long weekend or whenever you have 4 days to spare.
Sample Itinerary, based on Friday flight from London or Paris (please, contact us to tailor it according to your wishes and flights):
Tashkent – Samarkand – Bukhara – Tashkent
Tashkent – Samarkand
Morning hours – arrival to Tashkent and meet your local escort guide at the exit of the international arrival of the airport, transfer to hotel (25 min). Early hotel check in (day room) and late breakfast.
AM – rest at the hotel.
12:00 Check out the hotel and meet your local guide for the orientation tour of the city include the Independence Square, Navoi Theatre (outside), Khasti-Imam Medrassah (a/c private car & foot, 3hrs total).
17:30-transfer to the train station to take your high-speed train “Afrosiyab” to Samarkand: 18:50-20:58 (300 km, 2h).
Overnight in Samarkand
Samarkand – Bukhara
Full day Samarkand sightseeing tour with a local guide. Visit spectacular Registan Square, Gur Emir (mausoleum of Tamerlane and Timurids), grandiose Bibi Khanum Mosque, picturesque Siab Bazaar market, Shakhi-Zinda necropolis, Ulugbek Observatory.
20:15-transfer to the train station to take high-speed train “Afrosiyab” to Bukhara: 21:03-22:34. Transfer to the hotel.
Overnight in Bukhara.
Full day city tour in Bukhara with a local guide. Visit tranquil Lyabi Hauz Ensemble, Magoki-Attori Mosque, enigmatic Chor-Minor Madrasah, bustling Trading Domes, amazing Kalyan Minaret with Kalyan Mosque and Miri-Arab Madrasah, Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan madrasahs, Ark Fortress of the last Emir, Bolo-Khauz Mosque, beautiful Ismail Samani mausoleum and Chashma-Ayub (Well of Prophet Job).
Overnight in Bukhara.
Bukhara – Tashkent
Transfer to the airport to the morning flight Bukhara-Tashkent HY24 10:20-11:20.
Connect to the departure flight the same afternoon.
NB: Afrosyob high-speed train and HY flight Bukhara-Tashkent timings are indicated as in November 2018 and subject for possible changes by the Uzbekistan Railways Co and the Uzbekistan Airways respectively.
Possible additional experiences (time/flights permitting or by deducting/editing other sightseeing):
- Tashkent Metro (2-3 stations ride in one of the most beautiful underground lines in the world);
- the Museum of Fine Arts (paintings by Kandinsky, Pasternak, Brulov and other masters);
- the Museum of Applied Arts;
- visit and tea at the Rakhimovs’ dynasty ceramic workshop.
- the special dinner at the local family house (plov-cooking master class);
- crafts demonstration at the unique “Meros” mulberry paper workshop in Koni-Ghil village (can be combined with lunch at the workshop garden);
- visit to Khodja Doniyor (Tomb and well of St Daniel);
- Afrosiab archeology museum with Sogdian frescos and ruins of the ancient town;
- “Khudjum” handmade silk carpet factory;
- Dinner with traditional fashion show;
- Imam Al Bukhari Complex (pilgrimage site to the mausoleum of the great Islamic scholar).
- trip to nearby town of Gijduvan for family home of famous porters Alisher Narzullaev & sons with craft demonstration and traditional lunch;
- visit to Sitorai Mohi-Khosa (Summer Residence of Emir) with amazing mix of Oriental and 19th century European styles;
- gold or suzanee embroidery master class;
- lunch or dinner at the family house with cooking demonstration;
- dinner at the Silk Road Factory Hall with music and fashion show;
- traditional puppets workshop of Iskandar Rakhimov with demonstration and performance;
- old Jewish house with art gallery and tea talk;
- Shukhov’s Tower café near Ark (TBC);
- Bahauddin Naqshbandi (complex of buildings around the tomb of the great Sufi scholar);
- Kagan Palace (Russian style palace of the last Emir).
NB: some experiences are available during certain seasons and/or for group bookings only.
subject of your style and class choice
|Hyatt Regency*****||Grand Samarkand Superior****||Zargaron Plaza****|
|Lotte Tashkent****||Dilimah****||Edem Plaza****|
|Miran*****||Registon Plaza****||Devon Begim***|
|City Palace****||Asia Samarkand***||Fatima***|
|Hotel Uzbekistan***||Omar Khayam***|
Rates start from 569 USD per person depending on season, number of guests, choice of accommodation and meals, as well as additional experiences. But package already includes at least BB accommodation, transfers, trains and entrance tickets, services of local guides. During high and medium tourist seasons (from mid-March till mid-November) we recommend services of the escort guide and at least half-board (two meals per day) to avoid any possible complications.
For further inquiries, please, contact:
Tel: +998 66 2336126
Fax: +998 66 2334594